The 2018 Miccosukee District Pinewood Derby Pinewood Derby will be held on April 13th @ 10:00 AM – The race will be held at Camp Soule. All racers must be preregistered to attend the race. The race will be hosted by Pack and Troop 404.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN YET!
This year’s District Pinewood Derby will feature 2 main races, they will be the Official District Pinewood Derby and the Fun Run Derby. The Fun Run Derby is open to ANYONE who wants to race!
Race #1 – Official District Derby (Main Race) – $7.00 Per Car
To qualify for this race, your car must have won 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in your den (Lion, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Arrow of Light) in your official 2018 Pack Pinewood Derby. Each car will be $7.00. You must be in the Miccouskee District for this race.
Race #2 – Family and Friends Fun Run! (Open Race) – $5.00 Per Car
After the official District Derby, we will run a Fun Run Derby. The fun run is open to anyone who pre-registers. Have an old car you want to race? Bring it! The rules will not be as strict as the official derby, but cars should comply with the BSA Rules located in the box, and here. Past Derby Cars, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Adults, and Sibling Cars are allowed to race during this race. Each car will be $5.00 – This race is open to ANYONE!
- Check-In is 9:00 AM to 9:45 AM (no exceptions)
- Opening Ceremony 10:00 AM
- Official Pinewood Derby Starts at 10:15 AM
- Fun Run Derby (Immediately After Official Pinewood Derby)
- Awards Ceremony Immediately following the race.
- In fairness, Scout cars are expected to be made by Scouts.
- You are expected to run your 2019 Pinewood Derby Car during the District Pinewood Derby.
- All cars must adhere to official BSA rules found inside the derby kits (Rules Link).
- All Scouts must be in Class A Uniform and act according to the Scout Law.
- For the Official District Derby, Scouts must be members of the Miccosukee District and be active in their pack.
- Race Scoring will be based on Times Scoring with worst time thrown out.
- The Race will be run on a 3 lane “Best Track” aluminum track.
For specific questions about the derby or the race, please contact Charles Love – the Cubmaster of Pack 404 at 727-282-4404