Are you looking to hold a pinewood derby, and just want to be a participant, and not be involved in running the race? If so look no further!
Scouts BSA Troop 404 and Cub Scout Pack 404 have teamed up to offer you a complete “Pinewood Derby in a Box” program. If we are running your race, we will bring our track, accessories, and run the event for you from start to finish. We have everything you need, except YOU and your cars! We do not loan our equipment out.
We typically run derbys for Cub Scout Packs, Scouts BSA Troops, Awana Groups, Venture Crews, and Girl Scouts. We have also done events for corporations as a fun Holiday Party or Team Building events.
For pricing please contact us using the form below. Let us know how many cars you wish to race. It’s LOTS of fun. Let our group run the race, while you enjoy the race.
We currently do races in Pinellas, Polk, and Hillsborough County. Our team is based in Clearwater, Florida.
As you may know, we have been doing races for groups for just about 6 years now. Typically, each year we run 10 or so derby’s per year for Scouts and other groups. This isn’t our business, we are Scouts and do this as a service to the scouting community. It’s ALOT of work. We try to “do our best” but sometimes issues arise, and we learn from them. Our goal is that you are 100% informed on what to expect during the derby.
Your donation goes directly into the Scout BSA Troop 404 and Cub Scout Pack 404.
When it comes to the “rules” – It’s your race, we will do what you wish. We require the following.
- The car is wiped clean of extra graphite.
- The car is no more than 5 OZ’s,
- Your group respects the track and does not jump over it or near it.
- Your group respects the race crew.
- The car fits in the go-no go box. This is to ensure it fits on the track. As long as they followed directions in box, you should be good.
- If a car falls off the track or crashes during the heat, we will re-run the heat 1 time, if it crashes again we will move on.
- If a car needs “repair” the race will stop, and a 5 min timer will be running to complete repairs.
- Your group will be respectful of each other – chanting is ok, and is encouraged.
- Your Group’s leaders have read the Pre-Race Info Sheet!
During the race, we will take pictures and videos of your race, and send it to you via youtube link.
Want to know more about the race? Want to see all the details on how we do things? Then please review our Pre-Race Info Sheet!
To learn more about us running your pinewood derby, please contact us above.
To get your team ready, here are some videos and pictures to check out. Feel free to share them with your group if you wish.